Saturday, January 21, 2012

Grown-up Birthday




So, January is getting to be a popular month for birthdays in my family. Mason, Laura, and Stephanie decided to celebrate together this year and we had a low-key get together at mom and dad's. That is, if you can call it low-key with that many kids running around. Anyway, here is the cake I made for the occasion. I hope they liked it. I am having fun trying out different kinds of ribbon. And I liked the way the cut out stars looked in the end. It was a last minute change as my original idea just didn't work. One of these days I am going to be able to make a cake that causes me no drama and it will all just work the way I planned, but I guess that this way it keeps me trying to improve.

1 comment:

  1. Darcy - you are amazing!!!!! Loved the wedding cake. I am so glad you started this so I can see all of your great work! Wendy

    ReplyDelete